Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lots of Talking, Not Much Doing

I tend to overthink things.  Try to see all the variables that contribute to the eventual outcome and base my decisions on those variables.  And sometimes (well, most of the time), I'm so paralyzed by the data (well, hypothetical data) that I freeze up.

This blog is helpful.  But it's just a blog.  It's not a physical manifestation of my music.  And I fancy myself a musician that blogs.  Not a blogger that plays music.

Essentially, I'm realizing that this blog is "talking" while recordings and live performances of my music is "doing".

Sooooooo... I'm still going to blog everyday.  But I'm also going to infuse a little "doing" into the blog.

Every Saturday morning I'll be writing a song then recording it live and posting it to my YouTube channel.  Of course, the proof is in the pudding, so if you're reading this blog in the future, and you see that I haven't posted a song in a while, please call me out on it.  No, wait.  That's not your job.  I should be policing myself.  So if you're reading this blog in the future, and you see that I haven't posted a song in a while, just stop paying attention.  Because I haven't earned the right to your time, your eyes, and your ears.

I like getting suggestions for what songs should be about, too.  So if you have a song idea let me know about it at my Facebook music page.

No comments:

Post a Comment