Saturday, March 27, 2010

4 days without posting... Saturday Song #3

Ugh... it's been 4 days since the last post.  This whole "balancing job relationship and baby and blogging and music" thing is really difficult.  "Thank you, Obvious Man..."

Right this second Saturday Song #3 is uploading to YouTube.  It's a hybrid written/improv song, and I really like it.  I hope you do, too.

I just got promoted to a new position at Kaenon Polarized, which is very exciting and daunting and totally amazing and motivating.  It also means that I'm much more tired when I get home... which has led to the 4 day hiatus from blogging.

I've a feeling I will go off and post 2 or 3 or 4 times today.  All rambling... all in an effort to assuage the guilt felt for having neglected something which has provided me with so much joy in the last 2 months.

I went to a Bad Taste Records showcase at the Viper Room in Hollywood last night.  Tons of great music from Last Days of April, Danko Jones, Chords, and Timbuktu.  Bad Taste is a record label based in Sweden that has a slew of bands ranging from Indie to Hard Rock to Hip Hop.  They're run by a great group of people who truly love all types of music, and I've been lucky enough to have known about Bad Taste for the last year and a half.  If you're a fan of the latest wave of past Indie darlings like Limbeck, Faulter, and M83, definitely checkout Last Days of April.  If you're more inclined towards the Motorhead, Clutch, shotgun a 6 pack and rough it up in the pit audio style, dig in to some Danko Jones.  And if you can't help but jump and dance whenever you hear a good groove (and you're interested in listening to some Swedish flow), then catch up with Chords, and Timbuktu.  It was an amazing night, I got to catch up with some great people, and it reinvigorated my sense of everything that is uplifting about live music.

Hahaha.  Man, what a fun night...

And the youtube vid of Saturday Song #3 is now finished, so...

1 comment:

  1. First up congrats on the promotion that's awesome. I really like the song, it has a story that is relatable

    ReplyDelete