Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dodger Blue

Today was opening day for the Los Angeles Dodgers.

I'm proud to be a Dodger fan, somewhere between casual and die hard (it's in my nature to reside in the middle).

When it comes to the Boys in Blue, there are plenty of fond memories floating around in my head:

  • Meeting Steve Garvey at a church fundraiser when I was a little boy
  • Listing Fernando Valenzuela as my favorite baseball player on my little league playing card 
  • Games at Chavez Ravine with my family 
  • My brother Rick sitting in the stadium on his Walkman, listening to Vin Scully calling the game
  • Fireworks at Dodger Stadium on July 4th (coincidentally also my Dad's birthday) 
  • Yelling "C'MON, BRETT!!" in unison with my dad about 20 times when Brett Butler came up to bat at a game (I was probably around 11 or 12)
  • Enjoying the Continental Airline seats along the first base line with Rachel and her family
  • Rachel's and my Trash the Dress Photo Shoot in Dodger Stadium with Ryan Caliendo (a surreal experience...)
 
 
 
 
 

    So many amazing memories when I think about Dodger Blue...

    We beat the Padres 5-3 today. Matt Kemp hit a 2 run homerun. Clayton Kershaw went 3 innings with no earned runs (he wasn't 100% due to some sort of illness). I wore my Dodgers shirt to work proudly, a daring feat considering our entire warehouse is full of Angel fans.

    It's going to be an exciting season now that we have the stability of Magic in the buying group that purchased the Dodgers from Frank McCourt. And, as of today, the Boys in Blue are undefeated.

    Yeah. It's time to stop residing in the middle. From now on, I'm not a casual fan. From now on...

    I bleed Dodger Blue.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment