Friday, March 23, 2012

Leaving on a jet plane...

... and I know exactly when I'll be back again.

Leave for NYC with Rachel tomorrow night. I like that phrase "leave for...". It makes us sound like we're going to Oregon Trail it across the country and face the perils of the open wilderness and dodge herds of bison and escape the clutches of dysentery... Can you believe I've never actually played Oregon Trail?

I love New York. I love Rachel and I in New York. Times Square. The Subway (and subsequently, getting lost on the subway...). Broadway shows. Amazing restaurants. Such a different pace from California. People move with purpose, which is interpreted as "people are rude." No, bro. They just know what they need to do and would rather not have your tourist ass in the way...

It's our one year anniversary on March 27th, next Tuesday. It doesn't feel like a year. It feels longer. It feels shorter. It hasn't been perfect, but it has been amazing, and I am the luckiest man in the world (cue cheesy music and doves being released and running towards each other on the beach...)

Time to sleep. Then... NYC tomorrow night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment