Monday, March 12, 2012

It's a Big World...

... and, like a dope, I've been ignoring almost 99% of it.

The Kony 2012 video was an eye opener. Not only to Joseph Kony's atrocities but to my own naive outlook on the world.

I didn't even know where Uganda was on a map of Africa. How embarrassing...

So I figured out where Uganda is. Then I realized, "I don't really know much geography beyond the United States. Wait. Beyond California..."

I need to step outside my bubble. Not just regarding social issues, current events, the history of the world, religious conversations... but regarding music, art, theater, poetry... We live during an amazing period in human history where everything you could ever hope to learn is right at your fingertips. And we owe it to ourselves to diversify. Because tomorrow's world will be filled with a generation of informed citizens that has benefited from this instantly accessible wealth of knowledge...

... at least I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment