Thursday, March 8, 2012

Kony 2012- Continued

Whoa. Kony 2012 has opened up a can of worms. I was swept up. Then swept down. But now, having watched the video almost 48 hours ago and read numerous blogs and informational sites on the topic (including Invisible Children’s response to the backlash), I can firmly say that I support the movement. But I also need to take it upon myself to be much more pro-active about becoming educated about the injustices being perpetrated around the world.

Here is a great website that is furthering the Joseph Kony discussion. It’s our responsibility to sift through the information and base our decisions on reliable sources of information, which is a difficult task in today’s “over-information age” (thanks, Young the Giant).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/reality-check-with-polly-curtis/2012/mar/08/kony-2012-what-s-the-story?fb=native 

No comments:

Post a Comment