Monday, April 26, 2010

Routine and a THANK YOU

I was having a conversation with a good friend earlier this week, and the topic of routine popped up.  Getting into a routine has its pros and cons.  Routine is good when it comes to efficiency and accuracy.  Warm-up routines, the routine of a daily task at work, a routine oil check, routine physicals... all of these things are necessary and extremely useful.  But sometimes falling into a routine can mean falling into a rut.  You're no longer challenged.  You're able to go on auto-pilot.  Hitting a plateau after keeping the same workout routine too long, failing to learn new things musically after you've fallen into a practice and songwriting routine... this last example is of particular interest because I hope that it doesn't happen to me...

But, cons of routine aside, I do want to get into a blogging routine.  I want to have scheduled blog topics because it will make it easier to keep this blog up, easier to maintain it with updated content, easier to garner fans who keep coming back because they know what to expect from me.  I already have two weekly features:  Saturday Songs and Music Monday.  Well, I have a couple different ideas regarding weekly features, and I'll be trying them out over the next couple weeks.  And don't worry, I'll also still be just as random when it comes to other off the wall topics.  As long as I'm stricken with insomnia, my late night ramble sessions will not ever go away...

I'm going on 3 months of blogging, and I just want to make sure I keep it fresh and exciting and new and worthy of your attention. 

Also, a hugely gigantic and appreciative THANK YOU to Marti for all of her comments.  I'm so happy that you take the time to read my blog!!!  I might have to write a song about you soon.  Just let me know what you'd like me to incorporate into it, and I'll get started.

Thanks to all of you for reading.  I'll be here for a while... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment