Sunday, April 4, 2010

Important Decisions

Sooooo... my last post was about switching to an EP from a full length album for my first solo effort.  And not even a day later, I'm reconsidering.

I'm taking an inventory of all the songs I've written, and it's beginning to become difficult to single out songs for an EP.  Already I can list 6 or 7 or 8 or 12 songs that I would want to flesh out and record.  I really should just record acoustic demos of all of my current songs then go down the list and see which ones fit and which ones don't really gel with the rest.

I also need to decide what type of album  I want it to be.  Am I going power pop full band or stripped down anti-folk or acoustic electronic or indie polka...?  My indecision burns deep.

And do I want to try and make it a concept album?  I've considered making an album dedicated to Chase.  But there are plenty of songs that aren't about Chase that I would want to record.  Also, which songs to put on a solo album and which songs to save for the Oh Girl album?  All these choices are enough to make my head spin.

I think the first order of business should be acoustic demos of each song I've written.  Maybe add basic bass lines and even some sort of drum track...  I've got my work cut out for me... and I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment