Friday, April 16, 2010

Coachella 2010- My Virtual Fantasy Impossible Dream Set List- Part 1

I'm not going...

Not the end of the world, but it would have been super fun because this year's lineup is the best it's ever been.

But if I were going...

(and, yes, I know some of the set times intersect... that's why it's an "impossible" set list... and this is my blog and my fantasy, so you can smoke a bag of... cigarettes...)

FRIDAY:

1:25-2:05- POS
I saw POS at last year's Warped Tour, and I know one of the big things at festivals is to step outside your box and experience new things, but his show is so high energy and personalized and intimate that I would never miss his set.

3:20-4:05- The Avett Brothers
I was introduced to the Avett Brothers in early 2009, and ever since I've wanted to see them live.  They were characterized to me as an extremely energetic live act with amazing harmonies and intricate instrumentations.  And they've written one of the all time most amazingest nostalgia tear-jerkers, "Murder in the City".

4:20-5:10- Yeasayer
The pundits say that "Odd Blood" could be this year's "Merriweather Post Pavilion".  I've heard so much about this band, but haven't really tasted the forbidden fruit yet.  New experiences, people.

5:05-5:55- Street Sweeper Social Club
Tom Morello and Boots Riley.  You better learn yourself, doggy dog...

7:50-8:40- Them Crooked Vultures
"Super group" is an understatement.  Josh Homme and Dave Grohl have already wowed audiences during DG's stint with QOTSA.  Add John Paul Jones... man, that's just silly awesome...

9:05-10:00- LCD Soundsystem
"Losing my Edge", "Daft Punk is Playing at My House", and "Never as Tired as When I'm Waking Up" are three of my favorite songs of all time.  Plus, James Murphy is an effin' genius...

9:20-10:10- Imogen Heap
I would figure out a way to be in two places at once... don't ask because if I told you how I did it, I would have to kill you.

10:15-12:50- Benny Benassi followed by deadmau5
Dancing, dancing, dancing in a tent with a whole bunch of sweaty festival kids.  If that isn't heaven, I don't know what is...

10:50- Jay Z
If you miss this set, "they're gonna call you crazy for this one, Rick"...

Part 2 tomorrow... with Saturday's Virtual Fantasy Impossible Dream Set List...

1 comment:

  1. It's like you are there, and you deserve to be.

    ReplyDelete