Sunday, February 7, 2010

What to Post When Nothing Happens...

Daily posts are difficult.  The last thing I want to do is have a daily post for the sake of having a daily post.  If nothing happens over the course of 24 hours, then I shouldn't post an update.  It's a waste of my time, and it's a waste of your time.

Sooooo...

I need to make sure that every single day contains something post worthy.  Whether it's new lyrics or a new guitar riff or a booked show or a new fan that I made a connection with on Twitter or an idea to try out or a failure that I had... every day is a new day that contains endless possibilities for blog material. 

How many people approach their lives like this?  I know from personal experience that it's easy to go on cruise control, go through the motions, put in the bare minimum, phone it in, and let yourself get complacent.

But successful people don't think like that.  Every day they're putting their best foot forward, challenging themselves, making sure they push themselves to the limits of their potential.  And over time, they see the results.  They push past the failures and learn from their mistakes and get better day after day after day.

This blog started out with a focus on music.  But I'm figuring out that it's going to be about much more than that.  I have a responsibility to myself to make it about becoming not just a better musician, but a better person.

Soooooo...

On the music end, I did begin to write some music today.  It had a Sonic Youth, noise rock aspect to it, which is something a little bit different for me.  I definitely want to try and jam with Oh Girl sooner than later, but the next couple weeks are absolutely crazy hectic.  No excuses, Glynn.  Hold yourself accountable.

On another note, I'm watching the series premiere of Undercover Boss right now, and it is blowing my mind.  Inspirational and eye-opening and completely in tune with what I was writing earlier in this post.  These employees are incredible and are the epitome of work ethic.

No comments:

Post a Comment