Saturday, December 30, 2023

Stop Overthinking Part 2

This post is pretty much going to completely go against its title  


It’s the thought the counts…


I count myself among the people whose biggest obstacle to success are themselves. 


Paralysis by analysis. Worrying about what other people think. Negative self-talk. Dwelling on the past. Anxious for the future. Absence from the present. Being indecisive. Letting the aim for perfection win out over finishing. 


Worrying about what other people think. 


Worrying about what OTHER PEOPLE think. 


A quote that has stuck with me lately: 


Winners focus on winning. Losers focus on winners. 


And I try not to get caught up in clichés and platitudes and motivational speak. 


But who am I kidding? I can’t help myself. 


And that’s what Nitpicky is all about. Taking stock of myself and my process and my journey and my vision and my music. 


Breaking all of those things down so I can reveal the core story/message/art. 


Focusing on minutia so that I can ultimately let it all go and leave pieces of myself behind in hopes of creating connections between people through music.


Because in my eyes, THAT’S winning.


Connection. 


Connection is winning. 


And I plan on focusing on that as much as I can.  


So much for not overthinking…!

No comments:

Post a Comment