Saturday, December 30, 2023

Band Career Retrospective

I’ve never sat down and looked back at all the bands I’ve been a part of over the years. 

Time to dig into the recesses of my brain and put together a comprehensive list/timeline of my previous bands. Each of these bands could have their own post/ posts, so for the sake of brevity, I’ll be listing out years/ band/ genre/ my role in the band below.

2001-2006- Girl Down- Rock- Guitar/ Vocals

2006-2008- Watterson- Rock- Vocals/ Guitar

2008- Horrors of Toledo- Rock- Drums

2009- In Defense of Picnics- Folk- Vox/ Guitar

2009- Gregory Brock- Rock- Guitar/ Vox

2009- Excuse Me, Can I Finish?- Hip Hop- Vox/Producer

2009- Shark Week- Punk- Drums

2009-2011- Oh Girl- Rock- Vox/ Guitar

2012-2014- 3n0- Rock- Drums

2019- Elwow- Rock- Vox/ Guitar

2021- DanG- Rock- Vox/ Drums

2023-?- Nitpicky- Vox/ Guitar/ Bass/ Drums

Of these 12 projects, 6 of them performed live. I performed on proper recordings for 6 of them. 4 projects performed live and had proper recordings on which I played. 2 projects technically don’t have ANY finished songs. 8 projects technically haven’t lasted over a year. 

It’s interesting to take a look back at the project list. 

I suppose you could technically list myself as a solo artist starting in 2006. 

And I’m not sold on Nitpicky as the name for this latest project. I don’t have a connection to it yet, but maybe it will grow on me…?

No comments:

Post a Comment