Friday, December 29, 2023

Guitar Practice Log #1

Spent about 45 minutes sitting with my Les Paul Jr. Lite today. First time in a long long time. 

Plugged it into my Orange Mini Crush 3W amp. Kept the gain and volume levels pretty low, and focused on a mid-heavy sound with the neck pickup selected or a both pickups selected. I rolled off the tone knobs on my guitar, too. 

Played around with the clean sound of the amp, which is pretty good all things considered. I also played through my Boss SD-1 Overdrive pedal, too. 

Some takeaways. 

I never… and I mean NEVER practice guitar. I either write or I play songs I already know, but I never rehearse specific parts that are difficult or focus on any drills to better my technique. That needs to change. I’m a proficient guitarist, but I will only benefit by adding intentional technique practices to my playing/practicing sessions. 

I miss it. More than I ever thought I would. Guitar is fun, and revisiting some old songs that I wrote a really long time ago was a real treat. I’m excited to dig in and practice and focus on becoming a better guitarist.

So here’s to many more playing sessions. I might need to turn the corner of our family room into a guitar space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment