Tuesday, January 30, 2024

My Writing Process

It will consist of several stages. 

I’ve been doing the first stage for forever, which is regurgitating ideas. 

Wait… I haven’t really been doing that for forever. 

I’ve actually almost always tried to start and finish my songs in one sitting. Inspiration to finished product over the course of 15 minutes, 49 minutes, an hour and a half, a couple hours. 

I’m not really a “go back and finish it later” kind of guy. 

That’s going to change. 

Stage One: Regurgitate ideas. 

Stage Two: Go back and pick out the good ones. 

Stage Three: Begin to give the idea form and structure and a… FEELING. 

Stage Four through whatever: KEEP GOING

Stage Finished: Let go of the creation once it reaches “the moment of being finished”, which in and of itself could occur any number of times and I need to become disciplined and adept enough to pick the correct occurrence. And by correct I mean as close to its best as possible. Which may or may not be super clean and polished. 

Okay. Time to keep writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment