Friday, January 12, 2024

Dreams and Goals and Making It

When I was younger I had dreams. 

Of playing shows, releasing albums, jumping in a van and driving cross country to gigs, playing in front of 1000s of people, building a fan base, hearing our songs on the radio, having a single gain traction, seeing our soundscan numbers start to skyrocket, playing the big festivals, playing late night shows, playing SNL, touring with our favorite bands, winning Grammy’s, being rock stars. 

Some of those dreams came true. 

Others are still a distant fantasy, sitting in a jar labeled “another lifetime” on a shelf hanging in a dusty storage closet in a dilapidated studio apartment in my mind. 

Now that I’m older I have goals. 

Pick up your guitar everyday. Write as much as you can. Get your ideas out of your head and into the world. Collaborate with the amazing musicians in your sphere of influence. 

And older me also realizes that it’s truly a dream  come true to still have those goals. And it’s a dream to get to work towards those goals everyday. 

“Making it” is relative. And for me, at this point in my life, making it is all about MAKING IT. Making music. And making moves everyday to achieve my goals. 

Here’s to making dreams come true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment