Sunday, October 9, 2011

Swimming

I started running last June. And it was really difficult at the beginning. I was tremendously out of shape, could barely run jog continuously for 10 minutes, struggled for weeks before finding a groove. But eventually it became easier, and I've grown to love running as a way to stay in shape, be alone with my thoughts, share time with my son while he's in his jogger, push myself past self-imposed limits, inject discipline into my lifestyle.

I start swimming tomorrow. The end goal is to eventually finish a sprint triathlon, but I know that the swimming portion will be the most difficult. But my experience with running has prepared me somewhat for the hurdles, physical and mental, that will be in front of me.

Stay patient. Focus on proper form. Don't get discouraged. Go at your own pace. Have fun.

Can't wait to spend some time with you tomorrow, Swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment