Tuesday, June 15, 2010

This Whole Writing Something Worthwhile Thing is Difficult...

The only difficult thing is sticking to your guns.  Making sure you know what you're trying to do. 

But what if I don't want to stick to one thing?  What if what comes out naturally is always different?  What if I just want to half-ass everything and dupe people into thinking I'm talented when it's all just a farce?

Why would anyone want to do that?

Sometimes when you plan it out, it all goes wrong, and when you shoot from the hip, it goes so right?

The point is being in the right place at the right time is better than being in the right place but being unprepared and not being confident enough to say, "This isn't the right place yet, but it sure is fucking fun being here right now, and even if this is never the right place, at least I was here once."  Or something like that...

And sometimes not making sense is all you can hope for...

I'll tell you all the things I'm not
I'm not the guy who follows through
I'll tell you all the things I want to be
I want to be the one for you
It's easier in the middle of night
When you're asleep and there's a cat in the way
But almost there is not quite good enough
I just don't want to make the same mistakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment