Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Death (and Rebirth) of the Attention Span

Netflix, DVR, Tivo... all let us skip commercials.

No one listens to full albums anymore.

Reality shows offer opportunities for fame based on nothing.  (For the record, I recently auditioned for a reality show.  And it was one of the best experiences of my life.  And I am supremely happy I didn't get chosen.  And I am horribly disappointed I didn't get chosen.)

Bloggers jump from subject to subject and digress to ever longer unrelated tangents in their own posts...

Ke$ha... Justin Bieber... 3Oh!3... will they be remembered or will they just live in infamy for being able to strike while the iron was hot and eke out a modicum of success?

Now, now, now... me, me, me...

I don't even have the patience to finish this blog.

But if you go through the motions and keep pushing, eventually something good will happen.

You'll stumble upon a good song.  Or you'll make a customer happy at work.  Or you'll find a way to make your son laugh.  Or you'll learn how to make really good pancakes.

There are several goals in mind that will require my utmost attention:

- Finish a Marathon in Less than 5 Hours
- Record and release an EP with Oh Girl
- Record and release a solo album

Goals 2 and 3 are closer than goal 1.  And somehow all 3 goals are connected...

No comments:

Post a Comment