Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Inside Joke

It's like an inside joke, and everyone knows the punchline but me.


I sit here. Waiting.


These tables and benches are so much more quiet after everyone's gone home.


My backpack is light today. Straight upstairs to the couch for me! Dad will be all set and if I'm lucky he'll let
me watch the first half of the game with him.

As soon as mom picks me up.


She's never this late.


Mister Mike is glancing at his watch again. I think he's a Rams fan, and kickoff is in less than 15 minutes. The 57 traffic shouldn't be that bad. He'll miss the first series, maybe...



... other stuff that I don't have the patience to write because I found a video about the 1989 San Francisco 49ers...

And I climb in to the car, and mom says, "I'm sorry I'm so late. We'll stop by Big 5 on the way home and get those cleats you've been looking at," and I was too excited to notice her swollen eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment