Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Shopping

'I have only been to the mall once this holiday shopping season.  And it definitely felt different than years past: not as crowded, no urgency, more people just looking instead of ponying up and buying.  Times are tight.  And it shows...

The thing I love the most about Christmas shopping is people watching.  There's a desperation to Christmas shoppers.  Is this the right gift?  I hope they have the right size.  Man, my kid is gonna hate this toy.  Crap, they don't have the earrings my girlfriend wants.  I never get the right gift for my husband...

I'll be in the thick of it again later tonight.  Christmas shopping on the 22nd is going to be pretty rad...

Hopefully, I won't have the deer in the headlights look that a lot of other shoppers have...

And hopefully, I remember that it really is the thought that counts.  If you have a story behind your gift, then it's the right gift.  If you're just going off a list, you might as well just get gift cards.  Gifts should have personal touch and love all over them.  I don't want to know what you want for Christmas.  I want to come up with it myself.  Because you're my friend, brother, sister, mom, dad, son, fiance... and I love you and want this gift to be a symbol of that love.

Sure, you can tell me what you want.  But, if we're really as close as I hope we are, I should already have a pretty good idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment