Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Beginning...

... is always fun.

The puppy love stage.  The making up the band name phase.  The learning everyone's name in the office time period...

It's easy to stay motivated during the beginning, too.  You need to impress your new love.  Shit, I've gotta make sure all these songs that I introduce are good.  I better double and triple check these emails so I don't sound like an idiot.

But then, the beginning turns into... everyday life.  And that's when it gets hard, when you need to focus, when you pass or fail.

You don't succeed in the beginning.  You succeed when you realize that everything after the beginning still needs the emotional investment you made in the beginning.

That being said I love my job, my band, my fiance, my son, and my family.  Even more than I did "in the beginning"...

No comments:

Post a Comment