Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Hair is Not Perfect... but it's pretty close...

I have two cowlicks at the back of my head that have always pushed my hair into a natural mohawk.


Didn't bug me so much when I was super little, but then I became a tween and the "wave" hairstyle was in fashion and my hair didn't do that and I hated it because all I could do was buzz my hair because I couldn't get the "wave" hairstyle to be perfect.

Fast forward to late teens and Fight Club came out and Tyler Durden's hair was rad. But yeah... two cowlicks kept that from happening, too, so instead I grew my hair out and looked like this...


I turned 27 and a rad woman named Jeanna Pizzolo started working where I work and she does hair and starts to cut mine and I have found the absolute raddest stylist in the world she gets my hair and makes me look pretty like this...


And I've had this haircut for 2 days and each of the last 2 mornings I've tried to make my hair "perfect"... but "perfect" doesn't exist. It's a myth, a shadow, a ghost, the whisper and promise of something unattainable. So, I'm not gonna focus on "perfect" any more. I'm going to focus on imperfect and human and really effing good because it's a representation of me. And not just with my hair, but with my music, my blog, my work, my life. Strive for perfect, but deliver exceptional, deliver awesome, deliver great, deliver something worth remembering.

But having really good hair helps, too...



Sidenote: our room is so dirty it's embarrassing, and I half expect the film crew from Hoarders to be at our door any minute...

No comments:

Post a Comment