Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm Too Tired to Blog...

... which is normally the best time to blog.

Taking a shot in the dark is okay sometimes, right?  If it could lead to a lifetime of food from that caribou taking a bullet to the noggin, it's a good thing, right?  What...?

I listened to Ben Kweller for the first time in a long time today.  I should definitely review Sha Sha some time soon.  My review of Loveless by My Bloody Valentine has been put on hold indefinitely.  In fact, this whole blog was put on hold for a while.  This is one of the first nights I've been on my computer past midnight in a long time.  Which is a good thing for getting sleep and not getting tired at work; not so good if you are used to posting super late at night...

I want the new Dead Weather album.  The new LCD Soundsystem sounded pretty rad, too.  One of my friends just got me the new Black Keys.  Is piracy a bad thing?  I don't think so.  I think every artist should give their music away for free, then charge through the teeth for live performances and merchandise.  Then the proof would be in the pudding, in your live chops, in your ability to genuinely connect with an audience in a live medium.  No fakers... just artists and entertainers that have that intangible "it" factor.  Sorry, Ke$ha, but no one wants to see you live cuz you suck.  You've already proven it on American Idol and SNL.  Lady Gaga, I would gladly pay a boatload to see you live because you have actual talent.  Same with the Dead Weather or Tegan and Sara or Atmosphere or BLOK.  Talent live is hard to come by...

There are sores on my tongue that have made talking unbearable for the last couple of days.  This also means that singing is painful, too.  But you can still pick up your guitar, jackass... oh yeah...

We're a couple games away from a rematch of the 2008 NBA Finals.  I hope I didn't jinx anything just now.  And is this blog turning into a write about anything blog or is it still focused on music?  I'd like to keep it focused on music, so I'll turn the NBA talk into music talk by saying the fact that John Tesh wrote the former NBA theme song for NBC is effin' awesome...

Growing up in high population urban areas jades you... especially Los Angeles and New York City... Los Angeles needs an anthem like that one song by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys is an anthem for New York City.  Maybe I'll write the LA anthem?  More than likely no, but a man can dream, can't he?

On that note, I'm going to youtube that Jay-Z and Alicia Keys song now.  I want to go to Detroit Bar some time soon...  Hmmmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment